SHERPA Services are pleased to announce that our service SHERPA/FACT is now out of Beta. FACT (Funders’ & Authors’ Compliance Tool) is a tool to help Research Councils UK (RCUK) and Wellcome trust funded researchers check if the journal in which they wish to publish complies with their funder’s requirements for open access to research.
FACT combines and interprets data from SHERPA/RoMEO, SHERPA/JULIET and other sources to provide clear guidance to researchers, on compliance with RCUK and Wellcome Trust Open Access policies, and offers advice on their available options.
* Allows authors to select which of members of RCUK or Wellcome Trust has funded their work
* Allows authors to enter the journal name, name abbreviation or ISSN of the journal they wish to use
* Cross-references the information held in RoMEO and in JULIET on both Funders’ and Publishers’ policies
* Gives the author clear information as to whether that journal or publisher offers publication or archiving rights compliant with their funders’ policy
* Notes the level of OA fee payable, if any, where this information is available on the publisher site
* Gives guidance to the author as to what action to take next in order to comply with their funders’ policy
We would like to thank publishers and service users for their feedback during our Beta period.
As a result of this feedback:
* FACT has been made simpler to use, with a more structured layout and fewer buttons.
* We have introduced a ‘Decision trail’ option that lists the policy checks that FACT made in determining the compliance of the journal and any associated advice.