Open Access Week is coming up on October 19-23, 2009. Here’s a taste of what’s coming:
- DuraSpace is looking for repository success stories to highlight during OA Week. The deadline for entries is September 28.
- SPARC is hosting a pre-OA Week Webcast on student engagement on September 30.
- The Repositories Support Project is holding a contest to find the UK university which receives the most deposits in its IR during OA Week.
- PLoS Medicine, which celebrates its 5th birthday during OA Week, is holding a contest to select the best OA paper in medicine from the past 5 years.
- The Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations is holding a video contest during OA Week.
- Forty-seven German institutions have plans to participate in OA Week.
- The Confederation of Open Access Repositories will launch during OA Week.
- PubMed Central Canada will launch during OA Week.
- Also see the list of events celebrating Open Access Week on the Open Access Directory — or add your own!
See also our past posts on OA Week.