- The Open Knowledge Commons received $1.5 million to digitize 30,000 volumes of public domain medical literature.
- SURFshare is accepting nominations for its Open Access Award, with a prize each for outstanding strategic and practical contributions to OA in the Netherlands.
- NITLE launched a prediction market to estimate when the DOAJ will hit 4,700 journals.
- EP2DC is a new service to deposit datasets in a separate repository from inside EPrints.
- Ina Smith launched a new mailing list on OA and IRs in Africa.
- Jonathan Eisen asks for advice on OA conference publishing.
- “Publishers are allowed to get away with keeping science closed, holding it back, and wasting public money,” says Joe Dunckley, “because there are still sufficient numbers of scientists who let them”.