SPARC (The Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition) and the World Bank are pleased to announce the following speakers for the Open Access Week 2013 kickoff event on Monday, October 21st starting at 3:00pm EDT in Washington, DC:
- Dr. Stefano Bertuzzi, Executive Director of the American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB)
- Brett Bobley, Chief Information Officer for the National Endowment for the Humanities
- Dr. Kathleen Fitzpatrick, Director of Scholarly Communication of the Modern Language Association
- Dr. Cameron Neylon, Advocacy Director for Public Library of Science
- Dr. Michael Stebbins, Assistant Director for Biotechnology in the Science Division of the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy
The kickoff event will take place at the World Bank. A LiveBlog and webcast of the panel discussion and ceremony will be available for those who cannot attend in person. The event will be recorded and be available to the community for use during and after local Open Access events. No registration is necessary for the webcast. Participants are encouraged to post their questions for the panel in advance and during the event at, and to stream the webcast to kick off their own Open Access Week events.
More information here.
Thisis the page to bookmark to watch the event live online.