“Princeton Theological Seminary Library invites applications for the position of Director of Collections, Copyright and Scholarly Communication.
Reporting to the James Lenox Librarian, the Director will provide vision, leadership, planning and strategic direction for collections, copyright management and scholarly communication in support of teaching, learning, research and scholarship.
- Leads and manages the Office of Collections, Copyright and Scholarly Communication.
- Manages development of and access to print and digital collections through content selection and shelf-ready processes.
- Works with others to coordinate preservation activities and to develop and maintain preservation policy and procedures.
- Serves as the Library’s primary resource on copyright and fair use and works to design, implement and manage an ongoing Copyright and Scholarly Communication Program.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science or equivalent education and experience.
- Graduate work in religion or theology required.
- Experience building and preserving collections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of scholarly publishing landscape including familiarity with United States Copyright Law, authors rights and publication models including open access.
- Experience developing and delivering a program of policy, information, education and training regarding copyright, fair use, rights management, publication models and open access.
- Experience with digital initiatives, digital reformatting, file transfer and file management preferred.
Please submit your resume by: (1) email – email@example.com; or (2) fax – (609) 924-2973; or (3) mail –
Princeton Theological Seminary Human Resources Office P.O. Box 821 64 Mercer Street Princeton, NJ 08542-0803