“Elsevier is looking for a highly motivated individual that will drive the delivery of business objectives. Throughout this role; you will promote a positive policy environment by ensuring we have the correct policies, communications, and influencing programs in place. You will continue to build trust and influence with Research Leaders and you will support commercial goals.
Promote a positive policy environment
- Detect, understand, and interpret external policies and related technical, scientific and legal information; effectively communicate this information internally
- Lead the development of any positions in response, and ensure any other necessary actions are taken internally or externally to influence/respond to the external policy environment
- Ensure we have the right policies in place to support the successful evolution of our business
- Work with RELX Government Affairs and others to help shape/influence legislation and policy
Build trust and influence with Research Leaders
- Represent Elsevier externally to effectively communicate our position and build relationships on Open Access with institutions, funders, policymakers
- Enhance Elsevier’s external advocacy and empower all external facing staff to influence effectively.
- Global influencing to raise awareness of Elsevier’s existing support for OS through conference attendance, sponsorships and speaking opportunities.
Support commercial goals
- Work to secure funding body and other OA agreements, in line with our OA strategy, to increase Elsevier’s position in open access
- Work closely with Sales and other stakeholders to support their commercial objectives Work closely with Product teams to support their objectives”